Click on the bagua areas below to learn more. Review the Bagua Introduction below for further instruction on how to use the bagua.
The Feng Shui Bagua Wealth arena speaks to your issues involving abundance, prosperity and money. Simply by applying adjustment to the Feng Shui wealth sector, your relationship to and affiliation with these concerns can shift immediately AND dramatically. This area is located in the far, back left-hand corner of the house or property etc.
The color associated with Feng Shui WEALTH is PURPLE.
Feng Shui Tip: Place four purple, flowering plants into the Feng Shui Wealth sector to stimulate the energies of abundance.
Family, Integrity, Community Involvement
The Integrity and Fame area that revolves around external recognition and exactly how others around you perceive you is located in the back, center wall.
The element associated with the Chi of FAME and INTEGRITY et.al. is FIRE.
The color ascribed to both FAME and FIRE is RED.
Feng Shui Tip: Light up your life by placing nine red candles into this Fame/Integrity gua. You don’t have to light them, but, it can’t hurt. three healthy green plants into this arena to bring balance and harmony to family dynamics…past, present or future.
Focusing loving thoughts and loving energies into this gua located at the back, right-hand corner of the house, will encourage happy, healthy and passionate relationships that will both nurture and nourish you.
The color ascribed to MARRIAGE AND PARTNERSHIP is PINK.
Feng Shui Tip: Just pick and place a pair of pink anything here (roses, candles, lovebirds) and get ready to realize right and perfect relationships.
Family, Friends, Ancestors
Your foundation, your tribal ties, the accumulated energies of not only those who have gone before you but also those energies that currently influence your personal path, well, this is the Chi of this gua located in the middle left, center wall.
Associated with the tree whose roots spring eternal within your won DNA, as well as offering constant opportunities for growth, the element associated with FAMILY/FRIENDS and ANCESTORS is WOOD.
The color to be represented here is GREEN.
Feng Shui Tip: Display family photos in this a Display family photos in this area. Or, place three healthy green plants into this arena to bring balance and harmony to family dynamics…past, present or future.
Mental, emotional, spiritual and physical health. All in balance. All in harmony. This is the goal of this gua of Feng Shui Health. Located in the dead center of the area to be Feng Shui’d, the element ascribed to the Feng Shui HEALTH arena is EARTH.
The colors associated with Feng Shui HEALTH and with EARTH are BROWN and YELLOW.
Feng Shui Tip: Place nine live lemons into a wooden bowl on a table in the center of the home or the kitchen to keep energies healthy and unfettered.
The ability to creatively transform intention into matter is the energy of the Feng Shui Children and Creativity gua located in the middle of the right-hand wall. Whether giving birth to a child or a creative endeavor, adjusting the Chi in the Feng Shui Children and Creativity sector replenishes the wellspring within.
Adding the element of METAL to Feng Shui CHILDREN/CREATIVITY allows you to mine and manifest with child-like expression and ingenuity.
The color ascribed to this Feng Shui Children and Creativity gua is WHITE (or, pastels).
Feng Shui Tip: Place seven metal coins of any denomination into this Feng Shui Children and Creativity gua to activate these energies.
In order to recognize the opportunities and abundance that activating the energies of Feng Shui Knowledge will draw to you AND to tap into the wisdom present to make your best choices, address the Feng Shui Knowledge and Self-Cultivation gua located in the front, left-hand corner of the house or main floor.
The color associated with KNOWLEDGE AND SELF CULTIVATION is BLUE.
Feng Shui Tip: Place eight blue marbles,crystals or stones into this area. Or, place a bookcase filled with books that relate to your life’s aspirations. Or, do both.
As you begin your journey along your life’s path and you connect with the energies of what it is that you were born on this planet to do, you’ll want to activate the Feng Shui Bagua CAREER sector. The Feng Shui Career sector is located on the front, center wall of the area to be Feng Shui’d. Very often, the Feng Shui Bagua Career sector is sited in the front entryway or foyer.
Associated with the element of WATER, the Feng Shui Career sector addresses the depths of what we feel we can accomplish, offers greater work/job opportunities as well as shores up our levels of self-esteem.
The color associated with Feng Shui CAREER and WATER is BLACK.
Feng Shui Tip: Place either live fish in your Feng Shui Career area or some depiction or symbol of fish to highlight Feng Shui CAREER concerns and activate positive energies. It is most auspicious to put an aquarium housing 8 gold and one black fish in this arena or 8 gold and 1 black fish in this space.
Beneficial People, Travel
To concretize your connection with a Universal life-force as well as polarizing support from both the seen and the unseen realms is the energy of this gua located in the lower, right-hand corner. This is, as well, the location to address if you want to travel to destinations, known or unknown with ease and comfort.
The color associated with HELPFUL PEOPLE AND TRAVEL is GRAY (or, silver).
Feng Shui Tip: Place an empty glass or crystal bowl here to symbolize your receptivity to beneficial influences. Or, put travel logs or brochures to intention a desired trip.
An Introduction to the Bagua
The bagua (pronounced Ba-gwa) is a color chart with nine boxes. Each box represents a specific life situation that can be correlated with a specific part of your home or office. By using the bagua color chart to divide your space, you can improve your quality of life by improving your environment. To feng shui your space, follow the easy steps below.
- In your mind’s eye (or, even on an actual blueprint) visualize the space that you are attempting to Feng Shui as a perfect square or rectangle. DO NOT INCLUDE ANY SPACES BUILT AS ADDITIONS. These areas get Feng Shui’d separately within the Bagua.
- Now, divide this space into nine equal squares or grids, sort of like a Tic- Tack- Toe board.
- This grid is known as the Feng Shui BAGUA MAP. (Please see illustration in top left corner; use this to navigate through the bagua and find tips and more in each section.)
- Align the bottom of the board, or grid, with the same wall that includes the front or formal entrance way. THIS IS THE DOOR THAT THE BUILDER INTENTIONED AS THE FORMAL ENTRANCE. It does not matter what door you use the most often. We are only speaking of the front door.
- Your entrance, then, will fall into one of the three front or bottom grids (individually called guas) on this Feng Shui Bagua map.
- Your entrance through the Bagua map will fall into KNOWLEDGE or CAREER or HELPFUL PEOPLE. There are no exceptions to this. Sometimes, though, your entrance will “stradle” or “bleed” into two different areas. This is fine. Just remember to divide the main floor into nine equal spaces as if there were no standing walls in the house and it were an empty plane to work with.
- Standing at the threshold, with your back to the street side, you are now ready to identify which locations correspond to the energies of which sector on the grid of the Bagua.
- Although the basement, second and third floors in the home/office should eventually be appropriately assessed, for immediate and accurate Feng Shui response, we are only superimposing this Feng Shui Bagua map onto what would be considered the main floor. You may, additionally, center this grid, or map, or Bagua map, over any individual room and begin to Feng Shui as the macrocosm to the micro. But, we like to use the pecking order of; main floor-first, master bedroom second, living room third and outside property last.
- You can even employ this method of superimposing this Bagua over the top of your desk using your seating as the “entryway”.
- Just be sure to remember that one of the three energetic grids that lie along the same wall as the front door will ALWAYS be your entranceway and the rest of the Feng Shui Bagua remains fixed according to that entry. (For example, if money is an issue or concern, then stand stationary at your front entrance with your back to the street. Now, where is the far back left-hand wall located? That’s right, the wall that is farthest left and to the back of the whole space, well, that’s your WEALTH area of the Bagua map and you have now located it. Now, make an adjustment to stimulate the Chi and watch your fortunes become fruitful. See? Easy.
- This method of employing the Bagua is considered Western or Black Hat Feng Shui and disregards the more traditional practice of using compass directions and/or personal astrology in defining space/issue boundaries.